Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dave's Thoughts

Jolynn and I just finished our reading for tonight. Actually we are using Book of Mormon on CD and following along in the Book. My mind always seems to be clearer when we read scripture and I understand more. We just finished the Isaiah chapters. I really enjoy Isaiah although the verbage sometimes is difficult. Boyd K. Packer a few Conferences ago called them a barrier, seperating the causal reader from the serious one. This I think is true. There are some marvelous prophecies there. I would like to ask a couple of favors of everyone. First, how are you doing? Are you staying up or falling behind? If you have not started, thats OK, are you reading the blogs?  I hope as much as possible you are reading as a couple and looking at the footnotes. Jolynn and I are having some great discussions about the meaning of what we are reading. Men and Women often look at things differently and we all need to be aware of the differences and respect them. Secondly. I ask each of us to consider commenting with an E-Mail address for all to have. Ours is Daver39@live.com. Lastly, I would love to hear from all of you either in a Post or a Comment. I always learn more when different perspectives are presented. I know it may be difficult for some of you but let us all learn together and from each other.

6 comments:

  1. I went over to Grandma's house and tried to show her how to post on here and it was like the blind leading the blind. I can't figure out how to leave a post. I can't log in as "loved one" because I don't have a password and the email logins don't use gmail. Anyways sorry everyone I tried.

    Dave we are still reading. Just got through 2 Nephi 5 tonight. Good stuff. I'm glad you wrote about the difference between men and women because the other night we were about to throw our B.O.M's at each other. I have a big print version so I think I could have done more damage. Seriously how could he not see my point?!? Oh yeah it's because we're different:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, Keep the big print, Eeventually it will be the only size you can read also remind me not to read with you.

    Uncle Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Uncle Dave. No worries we were laughing about it by the end of our reading that night. I think you're safe now:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we're a little behind but still reading :) I think its important to talk about what you read as well. Otherwise it doesnt really sink in and you {well...me anyways} end up forgetting about what you just read.

    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy that we are reading/studying and just having trouble posting. I'm pretty much reading on my own. And behind - busy week up late and up early.

    ReplyDelete