Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nephi's courage

I know I'm a few days behind everyone else, but I just finished reading 2 Nephi 4. This chapter has always been a favorite of mine. I love how it shows that Nephi was a real person, tempted by sin. He always seems so perfect that it is nice to know that he faced temptation just like the rest of us and that it wasn't always easy for him to keep the commandments.

But while this chapter shows Nephi's vulnerable side, it also shows how he is able to stop beating himself up for his weakness and say"O Lord, I will praise thee forever." Nephi's true strength is also shown as he declares his absolute faith in the Lord. Through all 1 and 2 Nephi he says over and over again that he can do anything the Lord asks because he knows the Lord will help him. I think that could even be Nephi's motto! I hope I can be like Nephi when I grow up!

Anyway, that is just a few of my thoughts. What do you all think?

1 comment:

  1. Great point Nicole. I think this is an important thing to understand. While perfection is the goal,there was only one to ever make it in this life. I am glad you understand it. I have also noticed in my reading that the closer one gets to God the more he(or she) understands his weaknesses. Examples are Paul, Nephi, both Alma's and even Spencer Kimball., Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete