Monday, September 20, 2010

September Home Teaching Lesson

We had our Home Teacher Brother Wilcock visit last night. He's the sweetest man with a witty sense of humor. We welcomed him in, sat down and he plainly said: "This month the message is the importance of the Book of Mormom". And he testified of his belief and faith in the Book of Mormon. We talked about our family reading/studying challenge.
A funny story from Brother Monahan, High Counselor: he was talking about obedience and he told this story: (paraphrased here): Mom had told son to clean up his room and put all the action figures away. Son obeyed but left one action figure in the corner. Mom asked why? Son replied: Laban was a bad boy and I put him in timeout.
Do you think Brother Monahan & daughter knew and understood the Book of Mormon and were teaching the truths? I do. (The grandson was 5ish).
 - Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. How do I add my name to Contributors? Please help me. I think Dave would appreciate it also - his comments and posts are much more inspirational than mine. Thanks! Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. To add yourself as a contributor you have to log in as "Loved One". Then go to settings, then permissions. Then you can add blog authors. Mine should already be there. Once you add your google account, you have to go to that email address and confirm it. Then you should see the family blog on your dashboard when you log into your blog. If my dad wants to be a separate contributor he needs to have a google account. I can help him with that if he wants:)

    But don't think his comments are any less inspirational than yours, Aunt Jennifer! I LOVE hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete